Final Documentation

These are some screen shots from the site Matthew and I have been working on..That being said, this is still a work in progress, We’d like to take it further and have it more developed. The first image shows out intentions and audience, and the last image is more of the aesthetic we would like something close to.


MapMyMealAbout mmmBeginning

mmmIngredients mmmSeasons

Visualization ideas

A bit embarrassed to show some of these, but for the sake of documenting progress, here we go. I started playing with how we might want to actually map the harvesting distance for each ingredient. Initially we had been thinking abstract shapes, but have decided on icons. While we don’t have access to the data from forever ago, it would be nice to think about the possibility of showing users recipes can be more inseason, or how to find produce substitutes for certain things…i.e choosing swiss chard over kale because its grown closer.

The final ideal visualization is more like the second picture, but refined and more easily trackable.

Initial Wireframes: Map-My-Meal

I’m late on posting these but I wanted to share some of the steps we went through developing map my meal. These are initial sketches that kinda show the layout of a site that would allow Park Slope Coop shoppers to enter in their food items for a recipe, then see a visualization of what they have.

Couple Terrarium! -our version :)

We have been creating the structure for our final project for the past week. We wanted something delicate(plants) so we used vellum as a part of our design. We have also gotten all the electronic parts so we can continue building the structure today. For last week we had to think about how to hide certain electronics such as wires. arduino board, and bulky lights. Also twitter api has been tested and hopefully will run smoothly today!

I only have these pictures for now but will update more soon! (tian has the rest) :)

Ivy + Tian + Kierstie compost final installation

This is our final for the biomodd team! It took forever to get the camera to work but we finally got it! We hanged it in the bottom because we focused on the idea of end of a cycle. We also prototyped a pruning system however it was not aesthetically pleasing and did not function very well. However we did learn alot by setting up the entire system. We can attempt that next time ;)


Final Cutting tools!

Sorry its a little late, but here’s is the final documentation of the cutting robots we made for NYSCI.

<iframe src=”″ width=”500″ height=”281″ frameborder=”0″ webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href=”″>Biomodd Cutting Machines</a> from <a href=”″>Elizabeth Clare</a> on <a href=””>Vimeo</a>.</p>

BioModd Update

Here are a few screen shots from the OF project I am working on. I have currently gotten the audio input to impact the image and make it “grow”. This week I will be working on getting the air quality readings to impact the growth of the plant in positive and negative ways.